Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday evening and let our first discussion begin..

Happy Friday all,
  Hoping everyone had a good work week and now ready to chill and enjoy the weekend. We are heading
into our first weekend discussion of Chapters 1,2 and 3. ** Remember to only keep your comments to these
chapters.. thanks!

I will post several Questions and please use the comment section for your thoughts.
Also for those that want to try and chat live, I will be on "Yahoo" IM , Saturday evening 10:00pm CST.
I am listed under " lauralynewise".

=======================================================================
1) What struck you about Little Bee and being at the Immigration office for so long?
2) Did you wonder about the circumstances that brought Little Bee to the UK?
3) How did you feel about the going to the family after being released?
=======================================================================

Thank you all and keep reading!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm not too good at this. I just tried posting my comment and lost it. So, now I'll be brief.
    What a strong character is Little Bee. I suppose after going through all she went through in Africa, she can face anything that comes to her in UK. I was surprised how long her stay was in the immigration office. What's wrong with these people to keep someone two years before processing them out? Little Bee told the family she was coming. She did not ask if she could come, she stated she was coming; was not going to take no for an answer. Very strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie, I don't see any other comments for Chapters 1-3. Did most discuss the chapters with you on Saturday night? If so, I would like to request that people post comments here on your blog so that those of us that did not get to discuss them live can read them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Gloria. Little Bee is so strong. She went through so much and I truly admire her adversity. I am anxious to see where this story goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm digging this book....love love the descriptions! Don't know the immigration process of the UK...but it is sad to know these ladies were in limbo not knowing their status.

    love the duality...being free BUT not free.....white(sarah)/black(Little Bee)...free to hold the pence but dont let it slip through your fingers or it disappears....lots of this...

    i like the idea of Bee going to the family because it made the story intensify. It made me wonder why & i'm sure what i thought was the reason for Bee going to the UK is so very different. GloriaBerry

    ReplyDelete