Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday in Texas...ah the heat is still on

Good Sunday morning! I am writing at 8:45AM in which it is already 84* and heading to 105* later today.
Hopefully we will catch a break mid-week with a little rain and cooler temps, those being 97*.

I am sure everyone is busy, busy with work, school starting back, and wrapping up this summer. I, myself
have my mom here for a couple of weeks recouping from surgery and has now gone home. All indications
point to a success.

Thanks Gloria B. for your posting, I am thinking we are all reading maybe not a breakneck pace, but
leisurely and that is OK.

My thoughts so far on the book and I am about on the 7th Chapter, is how in the world Little Bee made
it through this mess and this family. I feel somewhat exhausted by all the challenges put in front of of
Little Bee, but realize, we all have those challenges in life too. It is amazing to look back at you life, even
a couple of years and can pinpoint the "ebb and flow" of such things and ponder how you ever made it
through.

Please leave any comments this week, if you want, and we will wrap this book up next weekend for
the final discussion. The next book will be in October, as I think it will be better for all of us.
I would like you to let me know what genre you would enjoy reading. We can go with the majority and if
you have heard of a book that would be interesting let us know. I am up to the democratic way of voting
on the next selection.

Farewell readers and enjoy your weekend. I am thankful for a nice cup of java this morning and my air-conditioning. Talk soon! Laura

3 comments:

  1. I have not been good about blogging. I am about to begin chapter 10. I have to say the book started a little slow for me but made a huge turn and took off. I found it hard to put the book down because I wanted to know why is Little Bee in the UK, who is Andrew, and what heppened on the beach. There were so many unanswered questions that kept me reading. I love Little Bee and her strength. Laura, I agree, Little Bee has been met with many challenges. I can reflect on my own challenges throughout this year and find that I also have strength to overcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still in chapter 7. I have not been able to read much for the past two weeks. But, even though I pick up the book about once a week for a few minutes, I find myself into it. Poor Andrew, he never knew how to be happy. Little Bee is so strong. She has gone through so much yet she is the pilar of strength for Sarah. Wow! Lawrence seems to be more himselft than for Sarah. Can't wait to finish the book. I still have two very busy weeks so it won't be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished the book shortly after my last post. This was a wonderful story. Gloria pegged Lawrence, although he did redeem himself a bit :-) I am looking forward to our next read and hope that we can all find the time to chat about it more often..

    Erin

    ReplyDelete