Friday, August 13, 2010

Yes, It is Friday the 13th!!!

Happy Friday the 13th all! I might add a dang hot week here in North Texas. I am dreaming of nice cool
fall days, sipping a beverage on the veranda. Well, for the time being, we will enjoy our book, in the blessed
AC of our abodes.

Thanks to all who left comments, it was great reading them! I dare say this family, with Little Bee is something else. The style of the author can make one feel as if they are transported in the story. I was right
there with as Clarissa as she received the news of her husband.

As we move to week {2} of our discussion, I admit I am behind in my reading and must catch up this weekend. I do have a somewhat legit reason, as my mother had hip replacement surgery and staying with
us for several weeks. She is a doll, and such a trooper, but it is hard for me just kick back while she
is still needing things here and there.

Alright, enough chatter from me. Thank you again for reading the book and please feel free to leave any
comments this weekend. I will popping in and out to enjoy. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ms Laura...hope your mom is feeling better. Mine is getting ready for her Valve replacement surgery end of the month & will be with me for a few weeks..will need a vacay after that!!

    I am enjoying this book. Am on chapter 6 now. the tale of Bee fleeing the crazy men through the jungle made my heart race! Clarissa showed her strength then, even if she currently has doubts about herself..I don't think I could have done that to my self..

    Well, got to run for now..will peep in later in the weekend.

    Ciao!
    G.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't seem to find any posts other than mine...so i hope everyone is still reading. Since i'm reading this on e-reader not sure what chapter i am on (on page 191 out of 228.) I am thoroughly enjoying this book....I think Lawrence is a shit who thinks only of himself & saving his own ass. Sarah...oh Sarah! I can understand Sarah's guilt.. Little Bee so smart for someone so young. I hope this book ends the way i want........

    ReplyDelete